Pearly White Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnGreco

JohnGreco

Not too long ago I posted a gray and black acrylic fp I mounted on a rhodium tycoon kit. This is the counterpart to that, pearly white on gold. I reverse painted the blank white and put a Bock nib on the pen.

C & C welcome, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pearly 24k fp.jpg
    Pearly 24k fp.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Pearl 24k gold bock 2a.jpg
    Pearl 24k gold bock 2a.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hendu3270

Great looking pen. Like Proud said, fit looks perfect.

I've tried painting the ends of tubes white at times when I was working on an acrylic pen but it seemed to compromise the glue sticking and the tubes would want to slide out without much force. How did you do the reverse painting for it to hold?

JohnGreco

Thanks!

Hendu: After I drill the holes in the acrylic I sand them down a bit with 400 grit, then apply 2 coats of paint inside the blank, sanding after each coat again with 400 grit to smooth out any clumpy spots. Then I scuff the tubes with some 320 grit sandpaper and use thick CA to glue them in place after a dry fit (sometimes I need to sand the paint down a bit more to get the tubes to slide in without scraping off paint).

No problems with them holding, but I give everything a full day to dry. 1 full day for each coat of paint + a full day for the CA. Hope that helps :)

Hendu3270

Thanks!

Hendu: After I drill the holes in the acrylic I sand them down a bit with 400 grit, then apply 2 coats of paint inside the blank, sanding after each coat again with 400 grit to smooth out any clumpy spots. Then I scuff the tubes with some 320 grit sandpaper and use thick CA to glue them in place after a dry fit (sometimes I need to sand the paint down a bit more to get the tubes to slide in without scraping off paint).

No problems with them holding, but I give everything a full day to dry. 1 full day for each coat of paint + a full day for the CA. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the tip John. I was using med CA and scuffing the tubes as always but I was painting the tubes, and not waiting any longer than typical before moving forward with the pen. I'll try this next time.

Top Bottom