Pearly Purple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Blank from Slabs, Blanks and Boards.
Gorgeous stuff.

Here's one for a kid at another school. There's no twin to it. It was a last minute "Hey get me a pen for this kid!"
smile.gif

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 408) - Click image to enlarge
001.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 465) - Click image to enlarge
002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 750) - Click image to enlarge
006.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 655) - Click image to enlarge
007.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 411) - Click image to enlarge
008.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 750) - Click image to enlarge
009.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 611) - Click image to enlarge
010.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 730) - Click image to enlarge
011.JPG

Resized to 85% (was 1000 x 524) - Click image to enlarge
012.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Cool, was wondering if this blank would look as good as the rest once you had run it through the paces!!

Do you make a lot of 'one-off' pens for just somebody wanting a kid to get a pen in the program your signed up with? Anyway, it's great what your doing for these kids....and it's great to see them learning the 'nib'!!!! Keep up the great works.

Side note, wish my grass would just hurry up and die off for the year...it'd leave some much more time for turning!!

Scott (just say no to watering!) B

watch_art

Nice St. Augustine, though it can use a little nitrogen.

Tom

I don't get it. :confused: :tongue:

Cool, was wondering if this blank would look as good as the rest once you had run it through the paces!!

Do you make a lot of 'one-off' pens for just somebody wanting a kid to get a pen in the program your signed up with? Anyway, it's great what your doing for these kids....and it's great to see them learning the 'nib'!!!! Keep up the great works.

Side note, wish my grass would just hurry up and die off for the year...it'd leave some much more time for turning!!

I'm very happy with this material. It turned and threaded better than probably any PR I've used yet - or at the top anyways.

I had a few twin pens already made up, but none of them very girly, and this student is very girly, so he asked if I could make something up pretty quickly for her.

Speaking of lawns, my lawnmower just died. I used a reel mower to cut that grass. :bulgy-eyes:

watch_art

I got it, now! Thanks! :biggrin:

Bock vs. Jowo.
They're both great nibs for different reasons, but I like the Jowo more b/c of one thing.

They both write great and are easy to tune and adjust.
The Bock is kinda cooler and sleeker looking.
They're both about the same when I'm making a section as far as difficulty goes.

The thing about the Bock that kills it for me is that there's no flat spot or keyway in the housing. Sometimes if you go to unscrew it, the nib and feed can spin freely inside the housing. With the Jowo units the housing will just unscrew. The Bock #6 nibs don't have that problem. They have a flat spot at the back of the feed that fits into the housing one way only.

watch_art

Schmidt - the way I understand - doesn't make nibs and never has. They order their nibs from Jowo and Bock and assemble them in their own housings.
Mentioned here:
Edison Pen Company: IPGNibs2

JoWo and Bock are the two big German nib companies that distribute. They both manufacture excellent nibs. Clearly, some the best nibs in the world come from these two companies. One might ask, "What about Schmidt". Schmidt does not manufacture nibs. Schmidt buys their nibs from JoWo and Bock and then they assemble and distribute.

Top Bottom