In Memoriam

Attachments

• peacock feather pen.jpg
    peacock feather pen.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 420
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louie68

Now that's a Nice Pen !!! Great Job!!!
JohnU feather blanks are awesome also!!!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its not that the picture is so bad it just leaves you wanting to see the rest of the pen. Take a couple more shots of the pen to show us all the pen all the way around. If you need it I will help pay for the film:laugh:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Its not that the picture is so bad it just leaves you wanting to see the rest of the pen. Take a couple more shots of the pen to show us all the pen all the way around. If you need it I will help pay for the film:laugh:
Ok Mike, bill for 3 more bad pics is going out in the morning!

Attachments

• PEACOCK 00000a.jpg
    PEACOCK 00000a.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 160
  • PEACOCK 00001a.jpg
    PEACOCK 00001a.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 185
  • PEACOCK 00002a.jpg
    PEACOCK 00002a.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 182

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Now thats more like it. Do you take green stamps? He (JohnU) does excellent work. I know I couldn't make a blank anywhere near that nice. Good job on the pen and your pictures are not that bad. Mike

jttheclockman

Hello Landon

I am no expert when it comes to photography but what I see so many people do when they take photos of pens from atop like that they do not fill the picture with the pen. We do not care about the sides of the pen , put the whole pen in the frame end to end. Your pen looks too far away to enjoy the colors. Use the macro function if you do not want to get closer to the pen. Your first photo was the right idea but your angle was wrong. You need to shoot more toward the front and less from the top down. But you filled the entire frame. I think when people shoot straight down on top of a pen it shows no depth of field. If you shoot on an angle there is a depth of feel and the pen stands proud more. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

JohnU

Looks good Landon. Guess I'll have to try a few more with those eye feathers. It didnt look that good when I sent it. lol

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Not trying to be a photographer but is this better? Worse? No different? Thanks,

Landon

Attachments

• PEACOCK2 00000a.jpg
    PEACOCK2 00000a.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 139

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Great job to you and JohnU, too. Absolutley stunning. Makes me want to go pluck the peacock living next door!

Your last photo was okay. But I think the other 3 cropped would be better. With those peacock feathers, no one side is the same. I really enjoyed seeing all sides, so to speak. And your perspective on the last shot emphasized the nib end of the pen more than the feathers because of the angle. (IMHO)

In case you aren't into photoshop, if you have Microsoft Office, it has a MS Office Picture Manager that allows you to easily crop your pictures as well as change the size. You can use it directly from the file explorer screen.

Last edited:

Jgrden

Great job to you and JohnU, too. Absolutley stunning. Makes me want to go pluck the peacock living next door!

Your last photo was okay. But I think the other 3 cropped would be better. With those peacock feathers, no one side is the same. I really enjoyed seeing all sides, so to speak. And your perspective on the last shot emphasized the nib end of the pen more than the feathers because of the angle. (IMHO)

In case you aren't into photoshop, if you have Microsoft Office, it has a MS Office Picture Manager that allows you to easily crop your pictures as well as change the size. You can use it directly from the file explorer screen.
You have peacocks living next door?? Get a gun. Those things are noisy and messy. That way you can have all the feathers you'll ever need.

Top Bottom