Peace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's a custom fountain pen that incorporates Jeff Powell's
Rotacrylic blank from Exotics called the "Dove of Peace". The barrel/finial and cap are made of white and black/grey Alumilite, respectively. The section is made from black Ebonite. The finial is threaded..trying to decide whether or not to put a clip on it. Has a #6 Medium Point Polished Bock nib. Had fun making it..Thanks for looking... Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Dove of Peace.jpg
    Custom Dove of Peace.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Custom Dove of Peace_3.jpg
    Custom Dove of Peace_3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Custom Dove of Peace_1.jpg
    Custom Dove of Peace_1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Custom Dove of Peace_2.jpg
    Custom Dove of Peace_2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

That is a great job on a beautiful pen. I like it without the clip. I think it will take away from design on the cap. You have done a bunch of great pens lately. Very productive time in the shop!

wizard

Thank you!

Thanks all for the kind comments, encouragement and feedback ! Decided not to put clip on the cap..I agree with Larry...the clip would detract from the design on cap and theme of the pen. Again, Thank you all !!
Regards,
Doc:)

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice one Doc - I've found that when doing patterns in the cap, the clip can indeed compete with the graphic. Wonder how it would look if the dove were on the bottom barrel and then the clip wouldn't interfere.

wizard

Thanks all for your kind comments and encouragement!

Nice one Doc - I've found that when doing patterns in the cap, the clip can indeed compete with the graphic. Wonder how it would look if the dove were on the bottom barrel and then the clip wouldn't interfere.

Bruce, Well..I will give it a try..may have to leave the lower barrel a little wider to allow enough circumference for the graphic...Incidentally...I had two friends who came together and made me a rather unique pen clip that would be perfect for one of these rotacrylic blanks :wink:.!!! Thank you! Regards, Doc

Top Bottom