PCB Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from oldcaptainrusty

1_IMG_0041B.jpg

Here is one of Bruce's printed circuit board blanks. One of the sweetest blanks I have turned yet. I put it on a Wall Street III for the thickness and still left it a little proud on the nib end. The man does an awesome job with his blanks. I'm not much with the camera.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Very Nice Pen. Everytime I see a circuit board pen, Im amazed at how nice they look. I havent tried that blank yet, but its on my list.

jttheclockman

Great looking pen. Who is selling the blanks and how can I get them??? Did you run into any problems turning it??? Whose pen kit is that??? Something looks different not sure what it is.

John T The blank came from Bruce119, he lists them in the 'Individual Classifieds' section here on the IAP forum. The blank turned real easy, the easiest that I've turned yet, no problems at all. I turned it at 3200 with a sharp skew and a light touch; I wet sanded it with 400/600 and then MM through 6000, a couple of coats of plastic polish and it was ready to go. I put it on a Wall Street III kit (from Wood Craft) for the extra thickness. Bruce cautions you not to turn it BTB because of the components on the board. I got pretty close to that but I kept checking the thickness as I turned it down. I was real pleased with the outcome, the only thing wrong here is my photog skills.:):):)

Top Bottom