PCB Fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

The kit is the new Classic by PSI (doesn't require a tenon) and the blank came from Beartooth woods.

I am in the middle of a big for me order. But I have had a guy after me for months wanting a PCB fountain. Then Ernie starts carrying the cigar blanks and I remember, the classic and the cigar use the same size tubes. But the finished Cigar is much thicker. Well I bit the bullet and ordered both of them and I am pleased with the outcome. Oh and I put one of Lou's nibs on for good measure :biggrin: Comments welcome.

classicfountaincircuitsm.jpg

classicfountaincircuitopensm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Butch, I was with you on the kit, but this new version is lightyears ahead of the old style. The threads fit nice, the plating is better, no "o"rings. I might just start making these again.

ldb2000

How well does it stay closed in the pocket ? I had a customer have one without the o-rings come apart in the pocket of an expensive shirt . I caught all sorts of "shirt" about it and haven't made one of them since .

hewunch

Not only is it tight closed, but the feed housing and end piece are now made out of black enamel metal and not plastic.

workinforwood

That looks not too bad Hans. I made a few long ago and had issues with the nib section breaking off all the time so I had stopped. Perhaps after having them replace the section a dozen times just for me they got tired and switched to metal!

Rfturner

very nice I have not tried the new classic pen kits yet I am still going through some of my old stock before I purchase more, I like that pen I think the only way it would be better was if it was also a flashlight

Top Bottom