Pay Day Follow Up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timberbits

timberbits

Been busy in the workshop again.

Just completed some more pens for a wonderful client.

All Roman Harvest but this time rather than just one species of pen blanks, we went through a box of my special pen blanks.

There is 2 spalted burl Myrtle in there that came out just amazing. A mixture of Burl Brown Mallee, Red Mallee and Myrtle.

All 20 thin coats of CA. Sanded all the way through with the Micro Mesh pads then brass and automotive wax.

The photos don't do the pens justice. I really like this batch of pens. I wouldn't mind this batch sitting in my display cabinet, but I like the folding stuff in my wallet more.

Hope you all like it.

As always, comments or suggestions are always appreciated.

Regards

David

RHPD2a.jpgRHPD2b.jpgRHPD2c.jpgRHPD2d.jpgRHPD2e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Been busy in the workshop again.

Just completed some more pens for a wonderful client.

All Roman Harvest but this time rather than just one species of pen blanks, we went through a box of my special pen blanks.

There is 2 spalted burl Myrtle in there that came out just amazing. A mixture of Burl Brown Mallee, Red Mallee and Myrtle.

All 20 thin coats of CA. Sanded all the way through with the Micro Mesh pads then brass and automotive wax.

The photos don't do the pens justice. I really like this batch of pens. I wouldn't mind this batch sitting in my display cabinet, but I like the folding stuff in my wallet more.

Hope you all like it.

As always, comments or suggestions are always appreciated.

Regards

David

G'day David,

Great group of pens you've got there...!

As per keeping all of them, how many hands to you have...???

I'm also wondering if you have used a metal lathe to do that lot...???

Cheers
George

Last edited:

timberbits

Georgous work. Any idea how many hours you have in the lot? The client will be very pleased I'm sure.
WB

On average, they take me about 20 to 30 minutes each. That time does not include the drill and gluing in, I do that in big batches.

I'm also wondering if you have used a metal lathe to do that lot...???

Cheers
George
No, sorry, no metal lathe at my place. Its all done on my Wood lathe - my trusty old VL100.

Thanks for all the other kind comments.

David

MartinPens

Wonderful bunch of pens David!!
I'm always amazed at the interesting ingredients you use to get a shine.... but it sure seems to work for you. Congrats

Martin

Top Bottom