Patriotic Swirl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JWS Penworks

JWS Penworks

I made a pen this weekend from Woodturningz Inlace Acrylester Pen Blank #31 - Patriotic Swirl.

IA31.jpg

If you try to get too aggressive with this stuff it will chip on you. DAMHIKT :eek: It is wet sanded with 600 grit, and then micro meshed dry through 12,000 grit, and finished off with Brasso and Ren Wax. Brasso really brings a depth to the finish and that's why I use it on these applications. Well, here it is on a CSUSA Roadster Kit. If you haven't figured it out by now, I like that kit :biggrin:

PatrioticSwirl004.jpg

Thanks for looking,
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Beautiful pen John . I really like that blank . Acrylester is my favorite plastic to turn , a light touch and sharp tools are needed but when finished they have the best look and shine of any of the plastics .

JohnU

Ive turned many inlace blanks from woodturningz but never bought that one. After seeing the finished pen, Im having a second thoughts. It turned out Very Nice! Great job.

Skip_Evans

Brasso Huh????

Brasso huh? The last time I used that was to polish my military buttons. Are you using the brasso while the blank is still on the lathe, with a buffing wheel, or by hand?

Last edited:

JWS Penworks

Brasso huh? The last time I used that was to polish my military buttons. Are you using the brasso while the blank is still on the lathe, with a buffing wheel, or by hand?
I use the Brasso while it is still on the lathe the same way you would use a high speed polish. I apply it to the blank with the lathe off, let it set for a couple of seconds, and then use a clean cloth to polish it while the lathe is running. I have found that for me, it adds depth to the finish.

John

Top Bottom