Patriotic Group

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyturner

Here are a few that I finished over the last couple of days. This is some more homebrew PR. The slimline has been posted previously but I wanted to show it with the group.

2007511333_patriotic%20group.jpg

Next is a Jr Gent fountain pen with two tone Amboyna.

20075113417_jr%20gent%20fp%20amboyna.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Jeremy,
NOt being a huge fan of the Patriot pen, though I've made a few, I like the swirl in that blank the best. Perhaps because theres more white in it. They all look great and if you are going to trade or sell them, I'll take a couple with even more white. Go Pistons and Red Wings!
Glenn

Skye

Originally posted by oobak
I like the swirl in that blank the best. Perhaps because theres more white in it.

On the contrary, I think the lack of white is what makes it work. The black in there (which isnt a part of RW+B) acts as a bridge to bring the blank and the black parts of the kit together.

Great pens...I have some of that two toned amboyna as well, it sells quickly[8D]

As for the PR, I am also leaning towards white being at a minimum, the white takes away the intensity for my eye, so less is best...I like the black hardware on them better than the all chrome.
I enjoy seeing your work.

Skye

Huh, looks black in the pic. Regardless, I think the dark is what blends with the kit. Normaly there's a lot of white, which contrasts with the kit.

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Huh, looks black in the pic. Regardless, I think the dark is what blends with the kit. Normaly there's a lot of white, which contrasts with the kit.
Well see, there you have it, everyone has an opinion and it doesnt settle anything. I still like the lightest blank, when can I buy some?

doddman70

Jeremy very nice pens I think i like the cigar the best but they are all so nice its hard to tell[:)]
I just started casting and havent been able to get a swirl patteren yet could you tell me how you did that?

thanks Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom