Patriotic Corian/Avonite Segmented & Inlayed Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timbo

Timbo

I made this pen months ago but I'm just getting around to posting it. This pen was made using red and white Corian, and an Avonite color called Infinity. Infinity is a deep blue, mixed with tiny white and silver specks. The top of the pen has segmented contruction using red and white Corian with an Avonite segment separated with Aluminum.
To make the bottom, I first turned it close to the finished size. Then I cut depressions for the stars using a laser. The stars themselves were cut from a piece of white Corian, then glued in place using medium CA. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the stars do go completely around the barrel. I then carefully finished turning the bottom barrel to shape. I then micro-meshed to 12K, and buffed with white diamond. The kit finish is Rhodium. Thanks for looking. All comments are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Nice looking pen. Looks like you might have done a custom CB but then looks like you have a kit under it? I would have just kept the custom one personally. The pen overall I think looks pretty good all the same. I can tell a lot of work went into that pen and it really shows. No seam line on the corian either which is always a plus.

Timbo

Nice looking pen. Looks like you might have done a custom CB but then looks like you have a kit under it? I would have just kept the custom one personally. The pen overall I think looks pretty good all the same. I can tell a lot of work went into that pen and it really shows. No seam line on the corian either which is always a plus.

No attempt was made to create a custom centerband. I'll have to think about that for the future though.

Top Bottom