Patriotic Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Big

Big

This Patriotic Kirinite acrylic blank really looks great on this gold Cigar. I really like these cigars and only flipped the bushings on two so far. Yep, I sure did and hate it but love the kit anyway.

Attachments

• GCPK1 A.jpg
    GCPK1 A.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 266
  • GCPK2 A.jpg
    GCPK2 A.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's a great looking pen, Michael !!! What are your impressions of working with kirinite ?

Big

Magpens, I had no trouble at all with the Kirinite. I turned it at about 2000 rpm and made sure that my tools were very, very sharp. The Kirinite turned well and finished well. Really, really made a great looking pen.

Thanks for the compliments folks!

PapaTim

Good looking pen, very well done. I just ordered some of those blanks last week, can't wait to try them.
A tip I use for cigar bushings to keep me from switching them. I marked my bushings with dots. 1 dot goes on first then the blank, 2 dots on next, then 3 dots, the second blank and 4 dots. I marked mine so the short blank is the first blank on but you could do it either way. I haven't swapped bushings since I started doing this. I just use a sharpie and mark it on the outer diameter and the end of the bushing too. You could use an engraver also.

csr67

Good looking pen, very well done. I just ordered some of those blanks last week, can't wait to try them.
A tip I use for cigar bushings to keep me from switching them. I marked my bushings with dots. 1 dot goes on first then the blank, 2 dots on next, then 3 dots, the second blank and 4 dots. I marked mine so the short blank is the first blank on but you could do it either way. I haven't swapped bushings since I started doing this. I just use a sharpie and mark it on the outer diameter and the end of the bushing too. You could use an engraver also.

Genius idea. I was pulling out my digital micrometer and instruction sheet each time I made a cigar.

PapaTim

Genius idea. I was pulling out my digital micrometer and instruction sheet each time I made a cigar.

Thanks for the compliment.

Top Bottom