Patina - First Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

While doing some research i came across creating patinas on Brass and Copper .. so i had to try it out

no where near as good as some of the patinas i have seen, but it is a start and i have many other methods/recipes to try out

C&C Encouraged ... good or bad

thanks for looking

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN6042edt.JPG
    DSCN6042edt.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN6043edt.JPG
    DSCN6043edt.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCN6043edt2.JPG
    DSCN6043edt2.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCN6030.jpg
    DSCN6030.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN6033.jpg
    DSCN6033.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those are very nice looking.
If the finished pens are made from the blanks in the other pictures, is there that much of a color shift after casting them, or is it just the photos that make the colors look a bit different?

Nice work!

Bill

D.Oliver

While I'm not a fan of the steampunk and patina together, I do think the patina results are quite nice.

MIKL

Thanks for the replies

Those are very nice looking.
If the finished pens are made from the blanks in the other pictures, is there that much of a color shift after casting them, or is it just the photos that make the colors look a bit different?

Nice work!

Bill

yes these are the same blanks that are pictured, i have another idea to try and stop them from getting so dark, hopefully it works :)

While I'm not a fan of the steampunk and patina together, I do think the patina results are quite nice.

the only reason i added the Armor Plate to them is the patina didn't go right to the edge of the tube and there was bare Copper and Brass showing, i thought the armor plates covered it and added a different sort of character

Keep at it :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with

thanks Brad, Mustard is next on the list :eek::biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like the first set. It reminds me of an underwater picture (I am a SCUBA diver) of some coral reef. Maybe a combination of stamps with a marine theme.

I previously made these for my wife and I, and I think your patina would have been a great background.

View in Gallery

Top Bottom