From the past week or two...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skewer

Skewer

Bog Oak + Black chrome vertex supreme, Antler + Bolt Action, Marblewood + Celticus.

Particularly happy with the Antler and finish for the marble wood. I ended up doing a couple of coats of thin for the bog oak and just sanding it back down - it came out okay, but would want to try something different (like pens plus as suggested in a previous post).

C&C welcome

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !!! I like them all. Couple of questions:

1) so the bog oak has CA on it, sanded back down to the wood ?

2) how do you like working with the Celticus ?

Thanks

Skewer

Nice work !!! I like them all. Couple of questions:

1) so the bog oak has CA on it, sanded back down to the wood ?

2) how do you like working with the Celticus ?

Thanks

1 - Yup, sanded back down to the wood. It did change the look and feel to it. With the CA on, it just looked like a shiny black crayon.
2 - The Celticus kit is easy to work with and makes a good pen - this was the fourth I've done...did several for Christmas. About the only problem I've had is getting the Grain to line up the way i want - and i think the solution is simply to press the cap portion in last. There is a washer that moves in threaded side of the nib and it's hard to gauge where it will stop, and generally it hasn't lined up for me the on the first try. A lot to say for a very minor issue.

I took these pens and some others into work and passed them around to folks that generally have shown interest in pens (that i already have circulating in the office :biggrin: ), someone wanted to buy the bolt action right away and the bog oak went later. I've got some orders for some more now also. Also - i think guys buy the pens and then take them home to showboat, and then their wife says "Well, where is mine?"

Top Bottom