Partridge Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

Below are a couple pictures of a (1 pen) Baron Partridge wood pen I made last night.
baronpartridge.jpg

baronpartridge2.jpg

This is from the partridge wood that Lou was selling. I really like the way it finishes and looks when completed.
I looked for a pear tree to photograph it in but had no luck.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Thanks for moving them from the classifieds.
More deserving where it has the Forum sub heading says show us your best work.
(Oops more than one line again[:D])

BigRob777

Ron,
Simply gorgeous. That pen looks complicated to assemble, is it? I'm getting ready to do my 2nd pen in Tulipwood and Kingwood. I wanted something a little softer, but I wanted my 2nd pen to be for my wife and those are the woods she chose. I wish I had angle cut my partridgewood. That is a really nice look.

mrcook4570

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />That pen looks complicated to assemble, is it?

Rob
The nice thing about the Baron is that on the main barrel, it doesn't matter how you assemble it, as both ends are the same. Then just screw in the nib and end cap. And, btw, don't forget to slide on the trim rings before the couplers are pressed into the main barrel and the cap barrel. [;)]

Ron
Very nice looking pen. The grain pattern is very striking.

Ron Mc

Gary,
Funny you would bring up the pictures.
I was reading Eagles tutorial on taking pictures and I do a lot of what he recommends.
I have two digital cameras. One of them is a digital movie camera that my wife and I would use for her virtual tours in her real estate business. This baby cost way too much money and the still pictures are good.
The one I use is o9ur oldest model. Somewhere around 7 years old. It actually take the pictures onto a floppy disk. I use no lighting except for the sun and I put a white manila folder under the pens.
Fast, easy, and as far as I am concerned the pictures come out great.
I then optimize the pictures for the internet and that it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom