A partly baked idea in Amboyna

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WillieD

WillieD

This PBI is something I've been thinking about for a while. I sometimes wear shirts with no pockets and like to carry my pen in my pants pocket. No need for a clip. I think this also works as a women's style.

The availability of stylus tips has actually sparked the desire to develop the idea further. Now that I see this one, I think the next one will have a shorter top half by several mm.

Attachments

• Amboyna - 12 - 005.jpg
    Amboyna - 12 - 005.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

It has a strong resemblence to the pen on the front page right now. That cant be a bad thing.

WillieD

Thanks! This was a pretty big hit around here, too. Except for my daughter. She just rolled her eyes and wouldn't even test it! LOL

Good looking pen/stylus Bill! I've been thinking about trying one of these, how was it? E

I got the tips from CSUSA and they work pretty well. The bushing they sell should probably have the inside diameter be about 0.05" larger. The first one got pinched between the bushing and the sleeve and it cut the silicone. There was no way to see from the outside that it was pinched. Rather than use the bushing again, I made one out of Lignum that fits much better.

We tested on an iPad and on several phones. I'm pleased with the stylus performance.

Top Bottom