A part of myself died

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edicehouse

edicehouse

I got some Hybrid blanks from George's bits of timber, and this was one of them. A friend picked it out from something I had posted. Well he wanted a certain plated slimline. This is what he picked out. When I assembled it I swear a part of my soul died.

This is a Fig burl Hybrid from George.

Attachments

• Hybrid.jpg
    Hybrid.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 547
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Ed, nice pen, terrific blank, good craftsmanship, but don't die! How about just a bad case of gas. Maybe a heartburn. George will have plenty more beautiful pieces to turn....for years to come.

robutacion

It is only wood. Plenty of more where that came from. Dramatic with the statement. Thought maybe you lost a limb or something.:biggrin::biggrin:

Humm, is that right...?:frown:

Hahahah, little did I know that Ed was talking about one of my blanks/Resifills as yes, I agreed with you entirely on all accounts, in the scales of things, that is like a flea biting on an elephant.

Cheers
George

robutacion

I got some Hybrid blanks from George's bits of timber, and this was one of them. A friend picked it out from something I had posted. Well he wanted a certain plated slimline. This is what he picked out. When I assembled it I swear a part of my soul died.

This is a Fig burl Hybrid from George.

Hi Ed, just a little correction about that blank, is not a burl, the wood have come from a Fig tree trunk fork that has spalted and cracked magnificently while in the weather for a couple of years on my wood storage paddock.

I have never seen Fig burl formations and I've seen a lot of Fig trees, you get sometimes some tiny small bulge formations the size of a plum at the outer skin of the trunk, those are in fact inset bits that form a type of cyst.

I'm glad that you give it some "body", I don't think that would be much left of that blank if you had turned a thin/slim profile and in all honestly, I don't think that is any reason for you to say such a thing, you followed your customer's request, and that is what matters...!

I really like what you've done with it, congrats...!

Thank you also for mentioning the blanks origin...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Ed, nice pen, terrific blank, good craftsmanship, but don't die! How about just a bad case of gas. Maybe a heartburn. George will have plenty more beautiful pieces to turn....for years to come.

Well, I hope you are right...!:biggrin:

Seriously, such simple words do have a strong hold on me, they are of positive nature and I appreciate that.:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom