Part of my busy weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

It has been a fun filled and busy weekend making pens. I'm still at it but wanted to post some of what I completed.

I made some Jr. Gents, Sierras and Arrows. I'm still working on a few cigar pens, a couple of Jr. Gents and a few Arrows.

The photos are a bit rushed as i was more interested in getting back to making pens:)

Jim

Attachments

• Jr Gents 04:20:12.jpg
    Jr Gents 04:20:12.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Chrome 4:20:12.jpg
    Chrome 4:20:12.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 4 Jr Gents:shade1a.jpg
    4 Jr Gents:shade1a.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 229
  • sierras:arrows.jpg
    sierras:arrows.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 314
  • arrows.jpg
    arrows.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 291
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Really nice. It is always nice when you can spend that much time at the lathe. What is the rush do you have a show or are you just plain hooked?

jjjaworski

This was all from Friday after work and until about 3 PM on Sunday.
I'm just enjoying myself making pens. I have no show to attend it's just inventory. I did take some breaks. It just goes fast when you are in that pen making zone.:)

I do things in batches. Cut blanks, drill, paint, epoxy, trim, rough turn close and the turn between centers using calipers to check sizes.

The purple and dark green blank came from Bear Tooth Woods. It's called Monster Purple.

These are the last four. Jr. gent fountain pen in emerald and the three Arrows ( from Classic Nib ). Two paltinum and gunmetal, one ti gold and gunmetal. Blanks from Bear Tooth Woods, Amalgam mutt Monet Blue ( I love this blank ), Lava Raku and Lava Toffee.

Attachments

• Jr Gent FP:3 Arrows.jpg
    Jr Gent FP:3 Arrows.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 179
You got the fever bad that is for sure. The good news is there is no cure! I would suggest you take 2 asprin so you can go to work in the morning then when you get out of work I would suggest you start right back in on the pens. You may suffer from withdrawal if you stay away too long. The reason I know these things is because I am also an addict. Isn't it great.

Proud2Turn

Very nice Bunch of pens

One busy weekend. Great group of pens!

If you don't mind me asking, on the 4 Jr Gens - namely the pink one and the bright blue one; where did you get the blanks? Are they custom pours? Know the wife would love that pink.

Thanks

jjjaworski

If you don't mind me asking, on the 4 Jr Gens - namely the pink one and the bright blue one; where did you get the blanks? Are they custom pours? Know the wife would love that pink.

Thanks

No problem sharing info. I got both blanks from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods.

The pink one is a RhinoPlastics blank called Frozen Raspberry back painted in white acrylic.

link: Bear Tooth Woods - Frozen Raspberry RhinoPlastic Acrylic Pen Blank

The bright blue blank is a BearToothWoods acrylic called Cobalt backe painted with a bright blue acrylic.

link: Bear Tooth Woods - Cobalt Acrylic Pen Blank

toyotaman

You have it "REAL BAD". I can say those are some really Awesome looking pens. I do wish I could turn that many in a weekend. My back kills me after standing behing the lathe for a few hours.

Proud2Turn

Thanks

Thanks

No problem sharing info. I got both blanks from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods.

The pink one is a RhinoPlastics blank called Frozen Raspberry back painted in white acrylic.

link: Bear Tooth Woods - Frozen Raspberry RhinoPlastic Acrylic Pen Blank

The bright blue blank is a BearToothWoods acrylic called Cobalt backe painted with a bright blue acrylic.

link: Bear Tooth Woods - Cobalt Acrylic Pen Blank

:)
Thanks, appreciate you sharing info on the blanks; and the reverse painting. I'm learning that reverse painting makes a big difference – looking forward to experimenting. Looks like I'll be placing an order with Bear Tooth Woods. Thanks again.

Top Bottom