Paris would like this one...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin

I've been wanting to make one of these for quite a while. Padauk twist-Sierra with 73 rhinestones imbedded in the wood with a little Oneway Drill Wizard help.

1_SierraStone_1a.jpg

Kinda reminds me of some of my early rhinestone yoyos:

SawBlade_10a.jpg
Tree_1a.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YoYoSpin

Magnification and steady hands are required. The rhinestones are a size "12SS", which works with a 1/8" drill bit perfectly. Also best to use a brad tipped bit - the little dimple at the bottom of the hole will help center these pointed-back stones.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Ed

This come up before. Have you ever run into a drilling jig that would fit on a mini lathe. Most of us have mini lathes such as jets and Deltas????

How does the pen feel in the hand writing with it??? Did you ever consider drilling deep enough to have the pens recessed and maybe filling in with resin or would the kit not allow for the depth needed??? Is that a sierra or a sierra vista??? Thanks for showing it.

Can you share where you get your rhinestones???

YoYoSpin

See answers below in red...

Ed

This come up before. Have you ever run into a drilling jig that would fit on a mini lathe no...1" tool rest post hole is required. Most of us have mini lathes such as jets and Deltas????

How does the pen feel in the hand writing with it??? good Did you ever consider drilling deep enough to have the pens recessed and maybe filling in with resin or would the kit not allow for the depth needed??? no, don't think that would work. Is that a sierra or a sierra vista??? sierra vista Thanks for showing it.

Can you share where you get your rhinestones??? do an eBay search for "12SS rhinestone"

workinforwood

That's not as hot as Paris, or not the Paris I'm thinking of. Sorry Ed. Pen still looks good, but it doesn't give me the same reaction. :) That must be some drilling jig. Every hole looks perfectly spaced.

DJS588

Drill Wizard & Mini Lathe

That is a remarkable pen. But I wanted to update others regarding the Drill Wizard.
I ordered, and received a Drill Wizard when I saw that Oneway made a banjo for 10" Non-Oneway lathes (M0047).
I ordered the banjo, and received an email, from Oneway, that the M0047 is NO LONGER MADE.

kruzzer

Great looking pen Ed... now all I have to do is to keep my wife from seeing it or I'll have to attempt one...... without the drill wizzard..

Bree

That is sure a Blingy pen!! You must have the patience of Job! Good job!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom