PANACHE "SPINNER"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I have had this idea for about a year now, but could never find a RING small enough to fit on a regular pen. So I decided to use a Non-Regular Pen the Panache. I cut a tenon on the bottom of the body of the pen so that it would accept a "SPINNER RING" which is copper and black ti. The ring will give you something to do while you are on the phone and on ignore other than chew on the pen. The wood is Mesquite burl that I had laying out in my yard for about 6 months, I was cutting some up for another IAP member when I decided it's time to complete this pen. It has a CA finish that has been wet sanded to 4K and Plastix polished, and the kit is a CSUSA black chrome Panache. :biggrin:
Comments Welcome (good or bad) And Thanks for Looking. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0052_1_fused.jpg
    CIMG0052_1_fused.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 819
  • CIMG0044_3_fused.jpg
    CIMG0044_3_fused.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 283
  • CIMG0045_6_fused.jpg
    CIMG0045_6_fused.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 266
  • CIMG0053_4_fused.jpg
    CIMG0053_4_fused.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Max. That looks wicked!!! (In a nice way). Makes me think of a combination of a pen and a wizard's wand. Seriously beautiful and most unique Panache pen I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing! Doc

Drstrangefart

That's freakin' sweet. The idea also opens up another avenue to add precious stones and metals as the requests arrive. I REALLY like the idea, and the execution is as good as ever. I'm gonna have to remember to add that to the list of stuff I gotta figure out a way to do for myself. Really cool. I'm already imagining playing with it!

Last edited:

ToddMR

I haven't done one of those kits at all yet. I might at some time. Nice was to give some extra design to the kit. I like the burl wood too. It looks like a good fit with the kit and the ring you added. Nicely done!

maxman400

Awesome Max! great for those with itchy fingers.:cool::biggrin:
It might keep you awake during the meeting where your boss just keeps rambling on.

Thanks Every one for the positive feedback, I am still searching for the smaller ones that will fit on a cigar or an El-grande center band. :)

LouCee

Looks great, nice job!

A while back I saw an article on using a ring to replace the centerband on an El Presidente, El Grande or something like that. I think a size 5 was used for that. I don't recall where I saw the article.

Last edited:

PR_Princess

At one point I had a few sized and made by a jeweler friend who specialized in rings. They were for a Jr Series. About a size 4 IIRC. I would double check the size, but like so many other things, they seem to have "disappeared"....:eek:

maxman400

At one point I had a few sized and made by a jeweler friend who specialized in rings. They were for a Jr Series. About a size 4 IIRC. I would double check the size, but like so many other things, they seem to have "disappeared"....:eek:
Dawn so far I have found one vender that says that he can have them made but I have to buy a hundred of them, which is more than I would need and a little more than I can afford right now. But I am still looking. :wink:

Top Bottom