Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

You must be wondering about the title. Well this is a PR resin blank that my son and I cast together. I wanted to try the gold pearlex and see how it does with green. Then I thought of a name for the blank, as my son has been naming the previous blanks,( he won 3rd place with his fire and brimstone pen in the 14-16 contest).

After much delibration all I could come up with is Green and Yellow Dirty fellow! So much for my naming capabilities. Adam & Eve must have been awesome to name all the living creatures!

The Panache pen, I've only ever made 1 before for a cancer sufferer, and that was in Jarrah Burl, a Western Australian timber burl. He loved it. I found a kit and decided to make one. I started to turn this Panache pen when I realised the blank was not wide enough, but as I was in the turning stage, I could not do anything about it, hence I decided to turn it anyway. So Its not the perfect shape that I wanted, but I salvaged the blank! C&C Welcome.

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow.jpg
    Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow1.jpg
    Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow1.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow2.jpg
    Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow3.jpg
    Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow4.jpg
    Panache Green and Yellow Dirty Fellow4.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I thought it looked like it was shy on the bottom is that the case? Over all this pen looks good. I am not crazy about this hardware but I know many of them get made. I like the way the light colors mingle with the green. Good job..

robutacion

Yeah, I like that blank, you seem to be getting the head/hands around the "swirls", well done mate.

You do need a 1' square blanks for those kits, I have had to make some of those to match some other Resifills I make, only because of that kit. It can be done but you won't find that many blanks available at that size, this is when people look into the knife handle handles/blocks to cut to size for these Panache kits...!

Good stuff...!

Cheers
George

woodwzrd

I have been pondering that hardware but the more I see these pens the more I like them. Very well done. Your blanks look awesome. What is the name of the green you used?

tgsean

You are right Mike, it is shy at the bottom, in fact a bit curved too, as I had no choice, it was either compromise a little on the shape and fit or chuck out the blank! I decided to save it.

tgsean

Dan, its not too hard, I had step by step instructions from George (robutacion). I couldn't have done it without him. So 3 cheers to my teacher!

Top Bottom