Panache with Ebony ends

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I ended up with a Panache kit that had 2 large caps,so I used it up by making this pen.Looks a bit different with both ends being the same,but i like it.It looks nice on my desk.

It was a challenge for me to segment the ends,and to modify it to use both the tubes on the small end.

The wood is mystery wood from my box of guitar scraps. Any guesses on the wood type?

Thanks for lookin'!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_7479.JPG
    IMG_7479.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_7490.JPG
    IMG_7490.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7497.JPG
    IMG_7497.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7512.JPG
    IMG_7512.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Looks Good

Oh the wood looks like Monkey Pod to me...
Was it light and soft..View attachment 108642

No,it was pretty heavy in weight,but it did turn off pretty quickly.

It just felt really hard,almost like it was stabilzed,yet I know it wasn't,since they woudn't have that for guitar use I'd think.

Thanks for the guesses,and comments.

Steve

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Where's the STAMP!!!

You,ve inspired me - I turned down a broom handle into a 14" test blank to try stamps. Last night it went well. Used MOd Podge for the initial layer, then dry overnight, then 8 coats of CA, sanded, finished... For me - very acceptable.

I've ordered some stamps with fish/underwater pics that I would like to do for relatives this summer.

Thanks for the motivation! :banana:

ossaguy

Hi Mark,

I've been trying to get a mix between stamp & wood pens,then do different kits.

I've been trying to learn segmenting too.That's a real challenge for me.

Trying to keep it fun,and not getting burned out.Stamp pens are super addicting...there's just so many cool ideas you can come up with that make really unique gifts.

That's great that your test stamp pen turned out great! They sure are fun.For relatives,I think making one with duck & trout permit stamps with their state makes a really special pen.

My next new thing I want to try out is seeing if I can make a pen with maps of favorite places,like vacation trips,or home towns.

Thanks,
Steve

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Mark,

I've been trying to get a mix between stamp & wood pens,then do different kits.

I've been trying to learn segmenting too.That's a real challenge for me.

Trying to keep it fun,and not getting burned out.Stamp pens are super addicting...there's just so many cool ideas you can come up with that make really unique gifts.

That's great that your test stamp pen turned out great! They sure are fun.For relatives,I think making one with duck & trout permit stamps with their state makes a really special pen.

My next new thing I want to try out is seeing if I can make a pen with maps of favorite places,like vacation trips,or home towns.

Thanks,
Steve

I've been slowly picking out stamps that are meaningful to my relatives and their activities/interests.

If I can get better (and yesterdays test was GOOD) with a CA finish I'll really enjoy this.

So Far: Stamps from Scotland with Bagpipers; stamps from Costa Rica - Cocos Islands; Stamps from Cayman Islands; Stamps of Skydiving; Stamps of chefs/cooking; stamps of wine; stamps of golfing... Guess I'll be busy.

Again, thanks for4 the inspiration... For Me... Knights Armor and Knights! Too cool!

Have Fun

Mark

OZturner

I am with you Steve, I Love it.
A Most Spectacular Desk Pen,
Great Profile, Excellent Segmenting, Fantastic Fit and Finish.
A Winner for sure.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom