The Palm sees all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

This pen is an example of an acrylic filled, stabilized Palm Root blank. Literally, an organic whirlwind. You can't often see what you will end up with, before you start. You can decide grain direction...sometimes, and where detail will come out...sometimes....and be right...sometimes. The blank came from George at Bits O Timber of course, and the kit a PSI Tycoon. Very busy, very detailed, but ya just gotta pick it up and gaze into it. That is the critical first step in closing a sale. This is an example of "Surprise" when the turning is all done, and I got what I hoped for.

Attachments

• TYCOON - SPIRIT TREASURE.jpg
    TYCOON - SPIRIT TREASURE.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 362
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Every bit unique as it is beautiful. I've never seen anything like that before, and would never have been able to guess how it was done if you didn't tell us. Thanks for sharing.

OZturner

Spectacular Pen, Brian.
Stunning Palm Root, from George's Stash of Fantastic Blanks,
Nice Segmentation, though IMO perhaps a little too much, with a blank so "Busy".
Excellent Fit and Fantastic Finish,
Magnificent Craftsmanship.
Congratulations,
Brian.

SteveAxelrod

The patterns of the palm root are amazing and I've never seen one in pink. I actually like the way the segmenting breaks the pattern up because otherwise maybe it would be too much of a good thing. When you're ready to make mine Brian, I'd like aluminum spacers rather than the pink. :eek:)

robutacion

Has been a while since I saw one of those Palm root blanks of mine turned and you have certainly done it justice.

The segmenting gave it a different look, I'm sure it wasn't easy to do, congrats...!

Cheers
George

bpgoldo

George, Got the blank from our Australian connection, George at Georges bits of timber....who posted right above us here (that is WAY too many Georges for a single sentence!) under his nombe de plum' Robutacion. A real gentleman and terrific vendor. I recommend that you visit his on line store. It is a doorway to creativity.

Top Bottom