A Pair of Yippee Freebies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gingerwood

gingerwood

I received what was supposed to be my last pen kit purchase from exotics yesterday, and there was a pair of yippee freebie blanks that were just begging to be turned, so I wound up running up to woodcraft for an extra pair of kits.

The first was a black/gold/silver resin blank. I put it on an ultra cigar, I still can't decide if I like it or not. I may swap it out for a plainer kit. The second was labeled HRB, which I'm guessing is Honduran Rosewood Burl. It got one of the Jr. Gents in the package, and the blank that I had planned to dress that kit with wound up going on a cigar. I think I made the right choice. I finished it with the new stickfast system, which I'm pleased to report works just fine in 50 degree weather.

Attachments

• BlackandGold2.jpg
    BlackandGold2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 335
  • HRB4.jpg
    HRB4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 312
  • HRB2.jpg
    HRB2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I really like the blank on the cigar. But I'm with you on the ulta. I just think it's a little too ornate for that style of pen. I like the hybrid cigar better. But still a really nice job.

I also like the HRB. That little bit of sap wood really sets it off.

gingerwood

Just to clarify, it was going to be my last purchase due to the fact that my turning season is ending any day now and I'm trying to use up the kits I've got rather than buying new ones I might not be able to use until next spring. I've had no problems with exotic's kits. They've been wonderful and I will definitely be buying more from them once it warms up again.

wiset1

That's one of the best parts of ordering from there...you know what you're getting, then there's those gems off to the side. Love the pens, great looking turns

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Certainly made great use of that Honduran Rosewood Burl (yep, you were right!!)!!

And, we're glad to hear we will see you again--had us worried!!!

Great job!

ToddMR

Wow they all look great! I think the first one is my favorite. EB does that to the best of us. Sending us a cool freebie, then next thing you know, you have to go buy a kit lmao. There could be worse things right? You did good on all.

Top Bottom