Pair of threaded-cap Zens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I wanted to try the Zen pens that Timberbits sells that have the threaded cap.Reason is that they look more comfortable to write with with the longer nib,and they have them in gold ti plating that I'm hoping will last longer than the 10k.

I like them so far,but with it being hit-or-miss on getting the cap clip to line up,I thought they would look best on wooden blanks with random figuring so it will look good at any position.

Here they are on green-dyed Sycamore wood,and curly Koa.

Thanks for lookin!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_5735.JPG
    IMG_5735.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5741.JPG
    IMG_5741.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5743.JPG
    IMG_5743.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5739.JPG
    IMG_5739.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5745.JPG
    IMG_5745.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5752.JPG
    IMG_5752.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 107

ossaguy

Hi Dan,

What I mean is ithat when it's sitting at rest with the cap on either end,the clip position dictates what them front of the pen is.On a regular Zen it doesn't matter since ir can be put anywhere since it just spins,never bottoms out.

I'm a stickler with details like that.So on these pens,I'd want the maximum light affect of the curl to show when viewed where the clip is,like on a regular pen that has a stationary clip.

So that's what I was meaning.If I put this kit on a burled blank,it would look fine anywhere the clip is.If it's on a stamp pen for example,I'd want it's clip in the best-view position since to me,that's the front of the pen.

Thanks,

Steve

Dan Masshardt

Hi Dan,

What I mean is ithat when it's sitting at rest with the cap on either end,the clip position dictates what them front of the pen is.On a regular Zen it doesn't matter since ir can be put anywhere since it just spins,never bottoms out.

I'm a stickler with details like that.So on these pens,I'd want the maximum light affect of the curl to show when viewed where the clip is,like on a regular pen that has a stationary clip.

So that's what I was meaning.If I put this kit on a burled blank,it would look fine anywhere the clip is.If it's on a stamp pen for example,I'd want it's clip in the best-view position since to me,that's the front of the pen.

Thanks,

Steve

Makes sense. Especially with the stamp pens etc.

Top Bottom