A Pair of Sierra's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RHossack

RHossack

The camera does not capture the beauty of either of these pens.

First up is a nice piece of X-Cut Paduk

121d1ll.jpg

Next is Honduran Rosewood Burl ...

28l76sy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Len Shreck

I like that Honduran Rosewood it has very nice grain in it. Can I ask what finish you used on them? The X-Cut Paduk looks like it has a lighter grain in it. Please keep in mind I am a total newbie I have only made one pen so far and I am hoping to get pics of the on here soon I am just trying to figure out what to put it on/in to take the pic. Len

RHossack

I like that Honduran Rosewood it has very nice grain in it. Can I ask what finish you used on them?
The wood I got from Rand K Wood and I sanded to 600 grit and then made a slurry paste of medium CA to fill voids and sand smooth and finished with 3-4 coats of Med CA.
The X-Cut Paduk looks like it has a lighter grain in it.
Actually it doesn't ... it is the better of the two but I can't seem to get the pic right. There is no black/grey in the blank (don't know the proper term) but looks like a deep pool of reflected light, but the black/grey is what the camera captures.
Please keep in mind I am a total newbie I have only made one pen so far and I am hoping to get pics of the on here soon I am just trying to figure out what to put it on/in to take the pic. Len
I'm certainly not the one to give advice on taking pics. Outside is ok, inside is another story.

Top Bottom