A pair of purple aeros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dow

dow

I made these two from the same blank. On the front one, I painted the inside of the blank after drilling it, and then glued in the tube. On the back one, I just glued the pen in. Some difference, huh?

Attachments

• IMG_0084-800.jpg
    IMG_0084-800.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dow

Thanks, Jason. I was surprised by the amount of difference the white paint made on the inside of the blank.

jttheclockman

Again and I know I am picking but your work desrves to be seen in a better light. The kit choice and blank match up real well. What color did you paint the blank with and did you paint both the tubes and the blank??? Thanks for showing.

dow

Thanks everybody for all the kind words.

John, I painted the inside of the blank with white acrylic model paint. I didn't paint the tube at all.

On the light issue, I agree that they're too dark. I just got this light box set up last night, and I'm still playing with it. one thing that was recommended was white tissue paper on the sides and top of the box, but thinking that it would be too easy to mess up, I used white trash bags instead. I'll probably try the tissue paper next. That should lighten it up some. Another thing to try is going from the 60 watt equivalent CF bulbs to 75 watt equivalent.

jttheclockman

Yes light is a good thing. I think the trash bags would be more of a light deterent than allowing it in or filtering it. I am too lazy to pull out my light box all the time so I probably should not be talking about photos. Good job none-the-less

Top Bottom