Pair of Oughtsixs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

These are my first casing pens. Let me start by thanking everyone who came up with ideals on how to help me. Long list I needed a lot of help.
Casings are 30/06---center band is pick material--deer antler---clip from woodturningz---finsh coat from Lou/TSW--heck the list just goes on and on even the gang over at the Wednesday night chat room helped.

200571183922_oughtsix1.jpg

200571183956_oughtsix2.jpg

200571184023_oughtsix3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Gary,
Great looking pens! I have tried to make some pens out of casings and had to walk away due to there absolutely horrible look.
Great job!!

GregMuller

Gary,
Would it be possible for you to write a step by step instructional article for the rest of us. As a police officer I can tell you many of my brethern have expressed an interest in this type of pen but I have been hesitent to try it without some detailed instructions. Thanks.

Gary Max

Thanks for all the kind words folks.
Greg I spent the day making two pens---I made enough scrap to sell the brass.
I would not be right person to get insturctions from.
There are a couple of members that have already responed to this tread that are really pro's at these pens and would do a lot better job than I could.
I had several of them help me---Thanks again guys.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by GregMuller
<br />Gary,
Would it be possible for you to write a step by step instructional article for the rest of us. As a police officer I can tell you many of my brethern have expressed an interest in this type of pen but I have been hesitent to try it without some detailed instructions. Thanks.
Where did the quote come from in your signature line?
You might just TRY and see what you come up with.

Gary Max

Thanks RT ---I am going to try one made with Brass and wood next. I really like the thought of Bloodwood and brass. I have some real red stuff hid around here somewhere.

GregMuller

Where did the quote come from in your signature line?
You might just TRY and see what you come up with.
Eagle,
We all are not as talented as you and some of us mortal pen makers need some instructions to help us along. The line is try not but do and relates to makeing an effort to suceed. Thanks again for your helpful comments. Maybe you can become one of the elders of your group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom