Pair of Majestics...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
...with an as yet unknown wood. Any guesses?:confused: It is actually a bit more greeny/brown than the pic suggests. It said TC on the blanks. And comes from someone here with the first initial T. :confused:
I also think I might be getting the hang of this CA finish malarky:biggrin: ( at long last ) IF I can keep this up then I might do more wooden pens:wink:
Strangely, my best two CA finishes have now been while it's pretty cold and raining cats and dogs. Maybe we get special rain here:biggrin:

Attachments

• Majestics.jpg
    Majestics.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 398
  • Maj2.jpg
    Maj2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen_Turner

I have been getting hold of some Redwood burl recently that looks more brown like your pens than redish brown. I have turned a couple recently that look almost identical to yours (color and figure) and they were redwood burl. Anyway, the pens are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL sir ....... John

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You're really cranking them out. Think you got the finish conquered. Aren't you spending too much time on kits when you shold be preparing for the bash contest? Or don't you fell you need to practice with the little competition we give you?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You're really cranking them out. Think you got the finish conquered. Aren't you spending too much time on kits when you shold be preparing for the bash contest? Or don't you fell you need to practice with the little competition we give you?

Bruce ole buddy, I won't be entering any contests ( well maybe the trivia ones for fun ) this year, but I don't think it's me you have to worry about anyway:wink::biggrin:
Some of the stuff that has popped up during this year has been phenominal !!! I've only been here a couple of years and the difference between the stuff from then till now is amazing!!!:eek:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Those are stunner's Skippy, if you keep up doing finishes like that you will be giving Mark a run for his money.:wink:

You never know, you may even master that Skew one day.:tongue:

I don't think Mark has anything to worry about for at least 20 years but I am THE master of the skew......:tongue:

I can open ANY old stuck paint tin with it quicker than any haggis basher:biggrin:

philb

Three wooden pens in a row Skip? Whats going on!

Wood looks a little like some Mallee Root that I have done a few in recently? If it was ridiculously hard then theirs a good chance!

PHIL

ken69912001

The wood is called Corrugata or Ribbed Fruited Malle. T is for the tight grain in the wood. You probably got the wood from Tuba (Joel Jenkins) when he was selling it.

That certainly is some sweet looking pens. Guess I should find what I have of that wood and use it.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I was going to say brown mallee burl, but I guess I would have been wrong anyway.
Plus, that's tighter eyes than I've seen on it before (Not that having a few dozen blanks
makes me a mallee expert..)

Then again, I don't know if 'brown mallee' is really a name or not.

Ligget

Beautiful pens Steve, your finish is coming along nicely as is capturing it in a photo using natural light.

Mighty BIG pens though, me thinks!

ldb2000

I just realized I didn't comment on these pens so ... More KIT pens ? .... What's wrong skippy ? I got it !!! It's Ratty that is the real penmaker , Skippy is just his mouth piece . :eek::tongue::biggrin:

Another great set of pens Steven . Your finish and photos are fantastic .

Bree

Wonderful work. Flawless finish on some very nice wood. Together with the kits, you have two winners.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom