A pair of ladies pens from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I finished up 3 pens today,this is 2 of them.

The Duchess pen I made for my wife,as she loves the colors.I think it's a double-dyed piece of Box Elder.

The Rollester is one I made using these pretty Norfolk Island flower stamps,done decoupage style with ca.

I had problems with 3 of the 4 caps inserts,but PSI replaced them.They said all the new ones from now on will come with the insert already installed.

The new ones they sent fit great!

I like how petite these rollerballs are,and now with the cap problem solved,I won't hesitate to try some more.With the low price on these,that makes it an affordable little pen.

Thanks for lookin'!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_7898.JPG
    IMG_7898.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7900.JPG
    IMG_7900.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7905.JPG
    IMG_7905.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7906.JPG
    IMG_7906.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7908.JPG
    IMG_7908.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7902.JPG
    IMG_7902.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 124
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Beautiful pens Steve! Are you using Alumilite or PR?

Hi Mark,
Just CA glue.This one was an experiment.Instead of cutting,drilling,gluing,turning a wooden blank down like I've done in the past,I did it differently.

The finished pen is only .445'',and the tube is a 3/8'',so there is not much meat there on a turned down wooden blank.So I added some coats of Med Ca with the foam wedges,( builds up quickly ) and then skewed it tru.In about 20 minutes I had a .410'' tube ready to go.

I found that the med Stick fast is like a thick EZ Bond,so I'm amazed at how rapid it builds.I might use it only on tube buildup,then go back to the EZ bond on the top.I like how that covers better.

I wish I could cast,but on these thin-walled tubes this is an alternative method that I can "Roll my own"....Works pretty good.

Take care,
Steve

Last edited:
Top Bottom