Pair of Emps.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPD_Mrs

Before Nolan went under the knife we asked him to pick out some blanks that would look good on a Jr Emp 22k and a black Ti Emp. These were a special order Christmas gift for a husband and wife. The wood is rewood burl and is as light as bass or balsa wood. Good thing too as those kits are pretty darn heavy! Our photography still is miles off and does not quite show the great figure in the wood. Thank you Nolan for picking out a pefect wood that would work on both finishes and not be too over the top with those kits.

Comments and critiques welcome...If you see something that does not look right please speak up, the only way we can improve is if things get pointed out. Thanks, Mike & Linda

200712723241_rwbemp.jpg

20071272332_rwbjremp.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

John: Yes the finish is CA then polished with Novus and Ren. wax.

Cav: Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor [:p]

Nolan

Very nice and I wish I could take photos that bad [:D] And yes I feel the best way to offer an Emp pen without having the customer ask if it seconds as a night stick is to offer it in a "not too over the top burl that is also on the lighter side" Redwood, buckeye ect, ect. I also sell them in some of the heavier burls but find alot of customers feel that the little bit of weight savings is all it takes to make the sale.

IPD_Mrs

Yes Ken, Nolan was a life saver on this project. We had to deal with both platings and the wood had to be the same. The customer is VERY anal retentive and has a habit of changing his mind. We did not have a clue as to what would work well with both. We asked Nolan for some help as we felt he knew his woods better than most. We told him we were open to anything and had bought a few extra sets of tubes for our errors and in case the customer did not like it. Nolan sent us three pairs of blanks. The redwood above, coolabah and grey box elder burl. Over a period of time we would lay the clip on the blanks and discuss what we liked and didn't like about all of the choices. In the ende the subtle burls and the lightness of the redwood won out. With all that said, we just did a black Ti statesman in the grey box burl and were blown away with all the light colors in the grain. Reds, blues, greens, some pink all on a creamy colored wood. I will post a photo of this later. The top end of the nib side was turned a tad proud so it is unsellable in our eyes. Dang, now we have to fight over who gets a new daily pen![:p]

Thanks again Nolan, you really went above and beyond on this one.

Mike & Linda

R2

Love them both Beautifull fitted and finished!![:)][:)][:)] To me neither kit is a real standout but I prefer the gold. An even deeper gold would be better but I would really like to see a copper kit on that timber.

toolcrazy

Hey Mark, I'll help your marriage survive. I'll take that daily user off your hands, so you don't fight over it. [:D][:D]

Very nice pens. I think your customer will be happy.

IPD_Mrs

The pens were given Saturday night. We were told that the first thing said was, "These would make great corporate gifts, can they be engraved"? So it looks like after the Holidays we will be shooting a price quote on various pens and boxes to the owner.

Thanks again for helping us out Nolan.

Mike & linda

GaryMGg

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
If you see something that does not look right please speak up, the only way we can improve is if things get pointed out....

As friends of mine wrote, "I'll tell you what is wrong with this one......

It's not in my hands!"

[:D][:D][:D]

Magnificent duo!

IPD_Mrs

Thanks Gary, you may be as much of a smartelec as we are and that makes it special![:D]

Nolan,
To some extent yes. We did these at almost cost for Linda's parents to give to the owner of the company they work for at the annual Christmas bash. They teach evidence technology across the country and have been doing it since the company inception many years ago. We had hoped to sell a few this way, but have no clue as to where this might lead. This can get scary. We would love to do 5-10 of these a month with the company name engraved on the pen and the company logo on the box. So this would mean a standing blank order and most likely some engraving work for Ken as we were very happy with the work he did for us earlier.

Mike & Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom