Painted Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Crickett

Crickett

A friend of mine is an incredible watercolour artist that does fantasy art and works in mixed media. For her upcoming gallery show we collaborated on this pen, she did the painting and I cast and turned it. The pen is a full-size Majestic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03684.jpg
    DSC03684.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 569
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I've always admired those who could paint on pens. This one ranks up there with the best I've seen and it's in pretty good company. Well done!

wiset1

Now that looks amazing! Got to love work like this. How did you choose to seal the art prior to casting?

firewhatfire

I had been wandering about doing that with someone. As to how it would work out. How much drying time and did you use a fixative over it before casting. I have a local arts council I am going to work with like that. Just need to get the ball rolling.

Tage

Wow! Absolutely stunning pen. I'd like to ask more about the process. I can envision three possibilities. 1) Your friend painted the tube, then you cast it. 2) You turned tube and a blank to a smaller dimension than the pen, your friend painted that, then you cast it, or 3) Your friend painted on some other medium (paper/canvas) which you then glued to a tube and cast. Am I close on any of them.

Thanks for sharing, I would think you and your friend could find a high end market for those.

Crickett

Now that looks amazing! Got to love work like this. How did you choose to seal the art prior to casting?

There is nothing sealing the work, just cast over top.

How much drying time and did you use a fixative over it before casting.

To be honest I don't know how long it dried before I received it for casting, I would think at least 24 hours.

Wow! Absolutely stunning pen. I'd like to ask more about the process. I can envision three possibilities. 1) Your friend painted the tube, then you cast it. 2) You turned tube and a blank to a smaller dimension than the pen, your friend painted that, then you cast it, or 3) Your friend painted on some other medium (paper/canvas) which you then glued to a tube and cast. Am I close on any of them.

Thanks for sharing, I would think you and your friend could find a high end market for those.

#1 is correct.

I've always admired those who could paint on pens. This one ranks up there with the best I've seen and it's in pretty good company. Well done!

I will certainly pass along your comment to Jessie, she really is an amazing artist!

Tage

Thanks for the response. That's some amazing painting on such a small scale.

Top Bottom