painted with CZ inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jssmith3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jssmith3

200752532515_P1000993.jpg

200752532539_P1000994.jpg

Hi everyone, this is a recent pen I did on chinaberry wood. The flower centers have a CZ diamond inlayed. I don't know if you can see them or not but I tried. (I am always trying something new :)

Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Janet :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

Janet those are absolutely gorgeous!! Are you hand painting them or using a stencil? And what kind of finish are you using after the painting?

Shane

LanceD

Janet, I think that's about the nicest looking pen I've seen you post yet. You've done a great job on the painting and the shape of the barrels.

angboy

I love the painting and the CZ's add a lot and look great. But I do have to say, to me the centerband is too "heavy"- I think with the light wood and the flowers it just looks like it'd be "light" and so the centerband doesn't fit so well with that. I may not be explaining what I mean so great, but it's kind of like the pen is in a good, upbeat mood and the centerband is somber.

LEAP

Janet, I keep coming back to your painted pens, they are just wonderful work I wish I had the talent. I am wondering the reason for starting the flowers from the clip end. Not a criticism by any means just curiosity. Have you done any starting from the other end?

jssmith3

Originally posted by angboy
<br />I love the painting and the CZ's add a lot and look great. But I do have to say, to me the centerband is too "heavy"- I think with the light wood and the flowers it just looks like it'd be "light" and so the centerband doesn't fit so well with that. I may not be explaining what I mean so great, but it's kind of like the pen is in a good, upbeat mood and the centerband is somber.
Thanks Angie, I will keep that in mind next time I do one of these.

Janet :)

gerryr

Janet, beautiful work as always. I like that you got rid of the stock CB on it and I like how it looks, and the CZ looks pretty cool. My only suggestion is that the shape of the wood doesn't seem to work with the shape of the finial. I think it would have looked better if the wood was a bit thinner, or if you had made a finial out of wood. CSUSA sells little studs that you can use to make wood finials for the 7mm Euro. I've used these a few times and they look good. Here's the link. Be sure to buy the little mandrel too if want to try these.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-7053

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom