Padauk and Turquoise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

This is one that took some time to finish, slimline satin pearl wrapped in Padauk with two crushed natural Turquoise inlayed bands tenon cut down to the tube then painstakingly placed chips of Turquoise then some more CA and so on till it got close to the top then a bazillion coats of CA actually closer to 5 or 6 coats of thin, I crushed up some Malachite, but I'm a bit afraid to try sanding it dry, I got poisoned cutting the stuff about 30 years ago, something about copper and arsenic and lead I dunno.
Slim-Padauk-Turquoise-1.jpg

Slim-Padauk-Turquoise-2.jpg

Slim-Padauk-Turquoise.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMB

Nice! looks like a lot of work for a slimline though, I hope you can mark it up enough to make it worth it. Also the real turquoise looks really nice, actually better than the fake stuff. I bought a "turquoise" string of beads from Micheals a while back, i was gonna crush them up and do something like that, turns out they where some kind of white material with a turquoise colored coating... sure had me fooled, oh well, it was like $2.

el_d

Nice Ken. I Like it
My son got a piece of raw turquoise from Nevada...... I wonder if he would notice a piece missing from it???

Top Bottom