Padauk with pick gaurd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Padauk slimline with pick guard segments, I did the whole pen with my carbide scraper, went from it to 220 then 400 then CA 4 coats and wet sand through 1000 and buffed, glued together with Med CA.
Comments welcome

Attachments

• Paduk-pickplate-slim.jpg
    Paduk-pickplate-slim.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 387
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Bitshird; I have never done a segmented pen (I'm presently waiting on Lyle Walden to send me some pickguard), but I would have preferred the segments to travel in the same direction.

Would you mind describing your thinking process in deciding they should go in opposite directions. No disrespect intended in this question, just my curiosity. I trust you understand!:)

rick_lindsey

I believe a standard 7mm cross transmission rotates 180 degrees, so they would go the same direction when the pen is extended?

-Rick

bitshird

What's with the wood just under the clip where it meets the pickguard material?

Skye, come on, it's padauk When I wiped it down with Acetone before finishing it the Acetone softened the pick guard and some of the pretty red/orange dust got onto the pic guard material, and yes I did wipe it down dry first. Leave it to you to find a mistake Now I'll go hide in the corner and cry :biggrin::biggrin::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Skye

Heh, I like to examine them reeeeeeeeal close!

So the acetone melted the pick guard that quickly? Man, I would have never thought of that..... hmmm.... that gives me ideas....

Top Bottom