Padauk herringbone slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tseger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

Looks nice but you may need to check the squareness of your saw. The segments start off nice and tight but slowly open up as you move up the pen. If the saw is just a hair off square it would give that effect because each additional piece compounds the gap. Just curious how are you clamping the pieces during the glue up?

waterboy

Great work on the pen and a very interesting pattern. Are there any instructions for cutting the herringbone pattern?

Ed....

tseger

Originally posted by LEAP
<br />Looks nice but you may need to check the squareness of your saw. The segments start off nice and tight but slowly open up as you move up the pen. If the saw is just a hair off square it would give that effect because each additional piece compounds the gap. Just curious how are you clamping the pieces during the glue up?
Phil, the saw is square, it's probably operator error. I used ca glue and hand held the pieces till they set up. As I got further along I probably got in a hurry and got sloppy. Thanks for the comment! Tim

tseger

Originally posted by waterboy
<br />Great work on the pen and a very interesting pattern. Are there any instructions for cutting the herringbone pattern?

Ed....
Ed, there are some instructions on this site for the herringbone pattern, however, I didn't have it at the shop when I made this one.
Bosically I just cut the blank into 1/8" strips and glued the strips up in the pattern you see on the pen.
Thanks all for the comments! Tim

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
An excellent and succesful attempt Tim. What did you use to support the very first two pieces?[?]
The next thing you need to try, is to get the Herringbone effect all the way around. Tricky but possible.[:D]

tseger

Originally posted by skiprat
<br />An excellent and succesful attempt Tim. What did you use to support the very first two pieces?[?]
The next thing you need to try, is to get the Herringbone effect all the way around. Tricky but possible.[:D]
Man, you got the wheels turning with that one. I never thought of trying that. Can you give me a hint to get me started[?][;)]
The very first pieces were done by hand like all the rest, just used a square to make sure I got started straight. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom