Padauk Copper Wall St II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This is a Wall St II copper kit I got over at WC today. I started out using an acrylic which tore out on the end. Then lace wood and the same thing happened. Well I noticed my bushings only after using twice are rounded off already which is really weird for a bushing set. I know I might hit them etc when turning but even my cigar bushings I have had a while are still ok. So with that in mind I grabbed a piece of Padauk. I kept the ends a little thicker and sized with the bottom part of the kit. Good reason to have calipers I know. I sanded dry up to 600 and then applied HUT Crystal coat, HUT PPP wax bars. I then did 5 layers of Med. CA and did wet MM all the way up. I wasn't sure how the colors worked at first, but I think they look ok together. I am giving this one to my wife.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gmreeves

The colors look good to me. I have a copper kit that I'm clueless what blank to pair with it.

How does the CA finish hold up on top of the wax?

ToddMR

The colors look good to me. I have a copper kit that I'm clueless what blank to pair with it.

How does the CA finish hold up on top of the wax?

Seems to do fine when I build it up enough. Its wax bars so I buff it up first. Then with the 5 ca coats seems to hold up for me.

Top Bottom