Packer Pens for the Relatives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pen-turners

Status
Not open for further replies.

pen-turners

These are some of the Green Bay Packer Pens that were a great hit for this year's Christmas. I sent them as gifts to my family back in Wisconsin. I think I like this PVC stuff!!!!!

2004122994343_IMG_5440.jpg

2004122994425_IMG_5448.jpg

2004122994459_IMG_5441.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

daledut

Those look nice all except for the color combo[8D]

I am glad you like the PVC. I can't seem to get a good smooth surface on it anymore. Then again, plastic of any kind and me don't get along. Give me wood any day, plastic always makes me feel like I am just learning to turn.

dougle40

Great looking pens Chris , I'm sure everyone who received one was very pleased .
I'm surprised you haven't heard from Anthony about the color though !!!! LOL [:D][:D]

pen-turners

to finish these I wet sanded to 1200 grit and then wet sanded with Micro mesh and coated with 2 layers of Ren Wax. This is the only way I have been able to get PVC to shine. As for the lamination, it turned out great considering I do not have a bandsaw. I cut them on my mitre saw with a pretty dull blade and then cleaned up the edges (believe it or not) with my grinding wheel. I don't have a disk sander yet!!!! Put them together with thick CA glue and there you have it.

Dale - the colors will grow on you. Didn't you know that everyone is actually a Packer fan, they just don't know it yet!!!!

Chris

daledut

Chris, I don't know who told you that malarky about everyone being a Packers fan.... I've been to Wisconsin a few times. It was too cold, too much snow, everyone dirves too slow, I don't like cheese and I don't drink beer, I am not a Packers fan. Other than that I liked Wisconsin just fine. This is said all in good fun I assure you[8D]

Did I mention that those are nice looking pens though.[:)]

timdaleiden

Originally posted by daledut
<br />Chris, I don't know who told you that malarky about everyone being a Packers fan.... I've been to Wisconsin a few times. It was too cold, too much snow, everyone dirves too slow, I don't like cheese and I don't drink beer, I am not a Packers fan. Other than that I liked Wisconsin just fine.

Dale,

We have a name for people like you...Non-Cheeseheads.[:p] You are welcome here of course, just make sure you pay cash for products and services. We don't trust outsiders much. [;)]

Oh, and Chris, nice pens, and if the Packers mess up, they can always say they are John Deere pens.

wayneis

Dale, I won't go into my feelings about the Pukers but if you want to get a good finish on any of the acrylics the trick is tools so sharp that you bleed just looking at them and wet sanding. I wet sand starting with about 320 through 600 and then wet sand with the micro mesh pads. I then top them off with a plastic polish, any of them will work, Hut, Meguires Mirror Glaze, even MM makes a polish.

Wayne

daledut

Thanks Tim, I will wear the NON-cheesehead title proudly[;)] and thanks for the welcome but I would rather go to where Chris ended up than Wisconsin.[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom