Packaging from the princess...what a headache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

This was a blank included in my first shipment. My wife was really excited to see what it would turn into. She was thinking a simple slimline would look great. Well, that was the intention until I accidently mixed up some tubes and ended up with a short and a long for this kit. Doesn't work that way real well. So, I thought I would just add a band or two to lengthen things. I figured out that a "D" drill is the inside of a 7mm tube, but blew through a few black bands and cracked a few until I got it just right. Until I sanded a band too small and had to make another one. Multiple glue separations taught me to be a little more patient in the process. I am relieved it turned out. I even chucked in the trash once and gave up. Glad I didn't! But I will say, thanks for the great blank, Dawn. It turned beautifully, just my mistakes made it difficult along the way.

Attachments

• green with black bands 001.jpg
    green with black bands 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice recovery and a good looking pen.

But, did you know you could cut the tubes on a 7mm cross type? The length of the tube is not critical. The distance from the top of the tranny to the bottom of the NIB, is critical, but the tranny can be pushed in to accommodate nearly any tube.

FWIW

Top Bottom