Pacifica warrior

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Pacifica warrior 2 tone titanium and a coffee bean blank. Pen is about 1/2 inch longer than the sierra. Uses the same bushings as the sierra.

Attachments

• W001.jpg
    W001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 468
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wecoyote

How do you finish the coffee blanks? Do you just polish after turning or do you coat with CA?

For X-mas, I am going to make a double ended "teachers" pen for one of our sons' teachers. He picked the coffee blank since she is a big coffee drinker. (Who wouldn't be, teaching a bunch of 6th graders!?!?)

lobster

How do you turn one of them coffee blanks? I tried one and it just chipped out terribly. I ended up throwing it away...

Rick_G

Does it take the same size tube and drill bit as the traditional sierra pen kit?

Yes virtually identical to the sierra.

How do you turn one of them coffee blanks? I tried one and it just chipped out terribly. I ended up throwing it away...

Sharp tools and very light cut. Once rounded I used a sharp scraper for most of it. Once close to size I used that other turning tool (sandpaper), didn't want to take the chance of popping out a coffee bean when that close.

Last edited:

jimbob91577

My guess is very high speed once you get it round, and seal with CA glue before taking your final cuts.

But I'll let someone who has actually turned one chime in.

Top Bottom