Pacifica Petroglyph with Honduran Mystery wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timbo

Timbo

I made this pen for a friend I met on a scuba diving trip I made to Roatan, Honduras this past Spring. I brought back some mystery found wood with the intention of making a souveneer pen for myself. I offered to make her a pen in trade for some fossilized sharks teeth that her family collects. The Pacifica Turtle Petroglyph kit worked out great since the turtle is the symbol for the Roatan Marine Park where we were diving. The segments are Cocobolo, pick guard material, centered with the found mystery wood. Looks kind of like Mango, but I'm not sure.

76184121_RoatanMysteryWood_Coco_PacificaPetroglyph.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Love the segmenting work. Really nice job. Great use of pick guard material.
That center wood looks like some Oregon Mertyl I have. (not sure on that spelling)

Timbo

Thanks for the nice comments fellas.

I don't know Steve...Oregon Myrtle washing up on a Honduran beach...that might be a bit of a stretch.

Originally, I wanted to go with a goldtone Pacifica Turtle Petroglyph kit because I thought it would be a better match for the wood choices. I didn't have a gold kit so I added the black and white pick guard material to help bring the wood and kit colors together. I was really please with the way it turned out. Now I have to get busy and make my souveneer Roatan pen!

DKF

Very nice looking pen!....I actually taught school in Honduras 25 years ago....wish I had of known then what I know now about Honduran wood....would have brought home suitcases full! Again, Nice pen.

Top Bottom