Ozzy Pen Swap pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Like many IAP members, I took part in the Ozzy Pen swap ( sorry, but there wasn't one going on here:redface: )
Well, I'm as dead chuffed about this one as I have been about the swaps I've done here.
My partner and I got our pens within one day of each other and I think we were the first to complete.

Mine to him is pretty basic ( but he says he likes it:biggrin: ) Few stainless steel bolts with a couple of blue segments in the end.
His to me is a ultra glossy finished Jr Gent and matching letter opener which I love. He included several blanks, a very smart matching box and a pen case too. I gave him a couple of extras too, so we are both pleased:biggrin:

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 287
  • TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 286
  • TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Skiprat,

While I agree that the pen/letter opener set you received are indeed beautiful, I've yet to see one of your pens that I would consider "pretty basic". You are one of the handful of people here that I consider a true artist and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear sometime in the future that your pens are considered highly desired collectibles. The pens you've made out of stainless steel bolts are what inspired me to add a small metal lathe to my tool collection. I have yet to try it out since it is so cold in my shop and I still don't feel like I know enough to get started on the metal lathe. Thanks for sharing the swap, but more importantly, thanks for sharing your work and ideas with us on IAP

Jim Smith

chriselle

Beautiful pens Steven. I agree with Jim....nothing you do is ever basic. You guys are already finished??,,,gulp,,,wow that was fast. I'm trying to do mine in urushi for "Bigshed" but as usual it's hurry up and wait.

TowMater

I had to wait for a new live center to show up before I even started on my pen for my Ozzie partner. Hope to have mine in the mail before the weekend.

davinci27

Next time you come up with one of these "pretty basic" give away pens, just send it to me. I'll carry it around so I can show people the difference between pretty basic and fine artisanship. PM me if you need the address :wink:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Basic?

It's a SKIPRAT!! :biggrin:

Both look great. I haven't finished mine for the swap yet,but I'm sure it
won't look like that..

jimm1

I am in this pen swap too. I have not sent mine yet as I am kind of afraid of my level of craftsmanship. I am just hoping I don't get blown away by my pen swap partner, another Aussie.

Another Skiprat original! THAT is a gorgeous pen. The stuff you make out of the hardware store odd-parts bin is just amazing.

The Jr Gent is a beauty as well, looks positively luscious, I'd say both of you did quite well in the exchange.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Steve..your pen is pretty sucky amateurish. How could you send a descrase like that out into the field ? :tongue:
Like so many...I wish I was your pen swap partner!

NOT ME, man!!!

I always figure it's nice to send something the "partner" can't make for himself. There is NOTHING I can THINK of that Skippy couldn't make!! (Many --better than me!!)

BigShed

David (Timberbits) that birdseye Huon Pine pen set and box are great, you have certainly used that increasingly rare Tasmanian timber to its' best advantage, both on the pen set and the gorgeous box. Well done.

Skippy your pens are great (dare I say "as usual":)), the SS pen is up to your usual high standard, love those blue acrylic inserts, very inventive. I reckon David is a very lucky bloke to have received some "skippy" pens.

VisExp

Steven, it looks like both you and your Pen Swap Partner did each other proud. Great pens from both the north and south hemispheres :biggrin:

simomatra

Well guys that is a great start to the swap you have put the bar up so high.

Seriously, great set of pens and blanks Skippy, anyone would love to have one of them.

David, well done mate, a great pen with matching box in the desirable but increasingly hard to get BE Huon

The swap was huge this year with 102 taking part from 11 countries, next year, its an annual event, we should include this forum in the swap if you so desire we had 4 forums offivially in the last one.

Cheers Sam

Top Bottom