Over & Under

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is for a co-worker, She wants to give it to a friend as a gift. I understand that he is a Champion Skeet Shooter, so she asked if I could come up with something and this is it. It's PSI's Over and Under Kit, with a home brew Red Alumilite top. I was going for Winchester Red. The bottom is a piece of eucalyptus root that she gave me, it has a CA finish that has been wet sanded and buffed. :)
Comments Welcome, And thanks for looking.

Attachments

• over & under 1.jpg
    over & under 1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 245
  • over & under 2.jpg
    over & under 2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 150
  • over & under 5.jpg
    over & under 5.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Over & under 6.jpg
    Over & under 6.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

Thanks! this thing is a monster, it uses a 9/16" drill bit for the top and just fits in a standard pen box has about an 1/8" at each end.

le_skieur

Very cool pen Max, it is something different then what we are used to see, I like it. I love the finish on the eucalyptus!

wizard

Max, That is a unique combination of materials and a handsome pen! Sure it will be treasured. Regards, Doc

wiset1

I really like these when they are done right and this looks awesome! I really need to get a couple of these kits.

maxman400

What's your thoughts on the kit, fit and finish of the plating.
Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Thanks Everyone for the great feed back. I only got one of these, because it was a special request. I like the kit, the plating looks very well done, every thing was crisp and clean I did not find any blemishes or scratches in the finish. It has WHITE plastic threads in the cap which feel very smooth when screwing the cap on to the metal threads of the pen. The only down fall (which I was lucky) is that it takes a 9/16" drill bit for the cap which is more money if you don't already have one so beware. I just so happened to order the PSI guardian stater kit which comes with a 9/16" bit, I did not have to buy one out right. Over all I think I will buy 4 or 5 of these to have on hand, it attracted a lot of interest as she showed it around. She was very happy with it.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom