Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodchipper

Woodchipper

Every year, our state wildlife agency hosts a workshop and weekend for volunteer Hunter Education instructors and their families. Last year, I made some pens and they got stuck under the flap of a box. They were found while packing up. I gave them to some of the officers. This year, I'm doing it differently. I'm putting them in gift boxes and giving them to the secretary of the state HE director. Attaching photo of the pens with a card describing the pen. Forgot the instructions to change refill on the one but it should be easy to do.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Dieseldoc

Woodchipper

Having growing up in a hunting family I know the importance of hunter safety, my children and now my grandchildren have taken and passed the safety class. We have four more Grandchildren who are under the age of 12 that have yet to take the classes, just can't wait until they all have taken the classes.

For the hunting safety instructors I have made them all bolt action flag pens which have been well received.

Supporting the Hunting education program is some thing I believe in and enjoy making bolt action pens for the instructors.

cheers

charlie

Woodchipper

Good for you and the family! I have been doing HE classes for 18 years and was honored 5 years ago to assist with instructor certification classes. Instructors get a report of accidents from the preceding season. It is interesting that in the last few years, fatalities were from tree stand accidents. I have a copy of a newspaper in PA. PA is taking this seriously. The state of PA is considering making it a law to have and use a Fall Restraint System. If you have an accident, there will be a citation given. You are more likely to get injured or killed driving to or from your hunting site.

Top Bottom