The other half of Madreperlato Colonial Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

Pen 125 is turned from the other half of a Madreperlato Colonial Blue blank from ExoticBlanks. This is a chrome Coventry with the tube & inside of the blank painted white.

P1030700.jpg

P1030701.jpg

The first pen from this blank was a Le Roi Elegant. I painted tube & inside of the blank painted black. Both pens are shown to illustrate the difference between the white and black on this blank.
P1030705.jpg

P1030706.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Earl, I would be hard pressed to decide which I liked better. Both blanks look great. Both pens look great. My eye is drawn to the Le Roi Elegant, but I think it's a scale thing, not a color thing. You may just have to send them up here for me to inspect closer.

EarlD

Earl, I would be hard pressed to decide which I liked better. Both blanks look great. Both pens look great. My eye is drawn to the Le Roi Elegant, but I think it's a scale thing, not a color thing. You may just have to send them up here for me to inspect closer.

Bobalu, I'll bring them to the Atlanta meeting this Saturday. :) Hope you can make it.

Bobalu

Bobalu, I'll bring them to the Atlanta meeting this Saturday. :) Hope you can make it.

I'll be looking forward to seeing them.:)

hilltopper46

Very nice pens, Earl. Thanks for showing the difference between colors used on the reverse painting.

That Coventry pen is really appealing to the eye. I usually like pens that use a minimum of plating and a maximum of wood/acrylic, but that Coventry pen is a keeper.

PR_Princess

Two more real beauties Earl!
Both look fantastic, and I'm not sure which one I like better either! The Le Roi, no the Coventry..no wait the Le Roi..Ugh! You are making my brain hurt!!:bulgy-eyes:

Woodlvr

Earl they are both beautiful pens. My favorite blank is the darker one painted black on the inside, I really love the silver and blue look. I have used that blank on a kit and did not paint the tubes or the blank and I have copper showing through in a couple of places.:redface:

wizard

Earl, Both gorgeous pens !! Couldn't make up my mind on which one I like the best. Really appreciate you showing both pens together to illustrate how differences in reverse painting really define the finished pieces. Doc:)

Top Bottom