OSU pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from The_Foo

The_Foo

As a tribute to one of the greatest rivalry's in sports, I wanted to follow up a post of a great looking UM pen with one in scarlet and grey.

(Go Bucks!) :biggrin:

Attachments

• Orion Rollerball with Scarlet and Grey.jpg
    Orion Rollerball with Scarlet and Grey.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 414
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The_Foo

I bought these blanks at the local Woodcraft store but it does look like a homemade blank. The coloring isn't as consistent as I would like. One blank, after turning, was almost all grey and I had to toss it out. The pen kit is the Orion from Woodturningz. The end can be used as a stylus but I don't recall it being advertised as such.

brownsfn2

Did you get those at the Woodcraft on Bethel in Columbus? My dad would love a pen like that. I need to find one of those blanks. :)

You did a beautiful job with it. Excellent finish and fit. Well done!

The_Foo

Did you get those at the Woodcraft on Bethel in Columbus? My dad would love a pen like that. I need to find one of those blanks. :)

You did a beautiful job with it. Excellent finish and fit. Well done!

Thanks! I found it at the Woodcraft store in Dayton. I bought the couple that the had and they were able to order me 10 more from one of their warehouses (they had quite a few left). The blank is called 'Scarlet and Grey' and the package has the number '152766'. Buy Acrylic Pen Blank Scarlet and Gray at Woodcraft

They also had another red blank with grey stripes said to be 'OSU' colors (as well as a blue and red blank for University of Dayton). I tried them but I didn't like how it turned out. It looked too much like plastic that didn't shine up that well and the colors looked off.

Here is another one of the same style blank, this time in a Mesa kit....

Attachments

• Mesa Sliver - Scarlet & Grey Acrylic.jpg
    Mesa Sliver - Scarlet & Grey Acrylic.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 131
Top Bottom