OSB - Oriented Strand Board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

fiferb

It's been done before, just had to try it myself. Thanks for looking and especially if you take the time to comment.

Attachments

• OSB.jpg
    OSB.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 681
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

That is cool I didn't know what OSB was so I searched it. It's like a partical board. This is rite down my alley a good recycable.

Thanks for sharing Bruce

toolcrazy

That is cool I didn't know what OSB was so I searched it. It's like a partical board. This is rite down my alley a good recycable.

Thanks for sharing Bruce

OSB is generally used for sheeting for roofs. More water resistant than plywood, and less expensive.

Never thought to try OSB, that is cool.

Mr Vic

Looking Good Bruce.
Tried a bowl out of the stuff, total disaster. Of course that was a couple years back. A lot of learning since then so might be a good time to give it a another shot..

monophoto

I presume you impregnated the OSB with something before turning it. Otherwise, it's pretty soft.

Has anyone every done anything with particle board? Varnished particle board makes neat work counters, but its tough to work with - very hard and abrasive on tools.

rjwolfe3

Missed this one the first time around too. That is cool. I have some to try but haven't gotten around to it. May just have to dust if off and try it.

Hucifer

Very cool pen. We used to call that Aspenite years ago in Eastern Canada. I have been thinking of using something similar - Parallam. (Think OSB on steroids... used to replace steel beams its so strong) Now I just need to find a source. I know its common in the Great White North, but not sure where to get it down here...

bitshird

Bruce I didn't know they made OSB Burl That is unreal it made a very interesting pen, I wouldn't be at all ashamed to carry or show one that looked that good, [size=-8]and I'm a fountain pen snob[/size]

Buzzzz4

I like it! Had some in blank form and started drilling. Tossed it in the can too fast I guess. Now I know what it could have looked like!

Top Bottom