OSB in Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalper

lwalper

Haven't been here in a while -- too busy doing other things. Doing some construction on a new out-building and thought the subfloor looked interesting, so ...

It took a lot of CA to stabilize the pieces and get them to hold together. It makes a great floor, but not so good for turning. Blew out 3 or 4 in the process. Finished result is not to shabby.

Attachments

• Advantech1.jpg
    Advantech1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Advantech2.jpg
    Advantech2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Advantech3.jpg
    Advantech3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

It does look cool. I tried that once but never could get it to the finished pen stage. Always had a blowout before I got there.

lwalper

Yeah, I wasn't really able to cut the stuff even with scary sharp tools. Every try resulted in some piece being jerked out of the blank, or complete blank destruction. Used the angle grinder with 60 grit flap wheel to bring it down to rough size. Even with that, the final cut to size was dicey. Then more CA and final turning to closer to size, then 60 grit paper to sand to size. Even with that there were a couple of small voids which needed filling with sawdust and CA.

I remembered seeing someone turn a piece of styrofoam with the sanding disk and thought if they could do it, why not give it a try???

qquake

I turned a plywood pen years ago, but have never tried OSB. It's a testament to your turning skills!

Attachments

• plywood_pen.jpg
    plywood_pen.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom