Osage Orange slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

This stuff was soooo old and dry... it tried to crack at the ends of the tubes... sanding dust and CA to the rescue... sorta :D

No wax or BLO used on this one... just thin CA, several coats, and buffed.

OsageOrange-8-30-06.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
BEAUTIFUL finish on a gracefully curved pen. I do not like most narrow wasted pen designs (although I make them cause most people do), but this one has a very smooth flow in the design. I like it.

I think what I don't like about many narrow center band designs is that many specific designs " force fit" the CB, and it shows. In this case, it flows plum smoothly. I really like it.

mrplace

Marc, a little OT here, but I wanted to ask how your pen stand was made. Did you epoxy it together? I have a mason jar full of tumbled and polished Citrine and Amethyst that I thought about using clear epoxy resin to do something similar.[8D]

melogic

I love that finish! I'm not a big fan of the slimline kit but this just blows me away. I have a few slimlines I have been putting off turning, now with this inspiration, maybe I will turn them. Great Job Marc!

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by mrplace
<br />Marc, a little OT here, but I wanted to ask how your pen stand was made. Did you epoxy it together? I have a mason jar full of tumbled and polished Citrine and Amethyst that I thought about using clear epoxy resin to do something similar.[8D]

Hot melt glue... [:D] ... then a couple of loose stones at the bottom...

I will probably redo this several more times.. just to have some variety in the pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom