Osage Orange Euro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Marc Phillips

... in chrome. CA finish. Still trying to make these without a center band...

OsageOrangeEuro04-05-08.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Mark, that's a cool looking Euro, I really like Bois D'arc, I've only had one piece to turn, but I sure used to cut a lot of it and also I wish I had some of the Mesquite I cut down,:( OH Well ya done a heck of a nice job.[^][^][^][^]

jhs494

Great job! Very nice shape and it looks great with the stripes and no CB. Top notch finish.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

karlkuehn

Banned
Outstanding pen, Marc! Great burn lines, and perfect job on the custom center band! Great shape there. The only thing I do different when I make mine is to swell the bottom tube out a little more at the twist joint because I don't like the diameter difference. Yours looks much more traditionally authentic though.

Nice work! That's a fun customization.

nightowl

Beautiful pen. I have not had the chance to try the Os.Or. yet. I am looking forward to it though if I can find some. I also like the pen stand. Did you buy it online?

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by leehljp

Great work Marc! Beautiful photo too. You have changed something in your photo setup.

Good eye Hank!

I moved the lights around, and added a light. I now have four of those large bulbs... I am thinking about filtering some lights now... just can't leave well enough alone :D

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by johnnycnc

Beautiful pen,Marc!
I like everything about it,
you did well in my book.[8D]

Thanks! ... those bushings sure did help... now I wish I had ordered the delrin ones too... Doh! ... would have made it easier to round that upper barrel over...

Rifleman1776

You did very well on that, excellent shape and blending of where the center band normally would be. I screw up burn lines on pens. Too heavy handed and burn/cut right through. Yours are attractive. Be sure, though, to tell buyers that it will eventually turn dark brown.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by gerryr

Very nice looking pen. It's just too bad it won't stay that color.

Funny, I have heard that before many times... but I have a couple of pens that are 3 years old, and a 5 year old bowl I did and they are all the same color as the day I turned them!

Does the sun change them?... or is it the CA finish that keeps them nice and orange? ... the bowl was even finished in CA :D ... I love the stuff [:p]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Marc Phillips

Originally posted by gerryr

Very nice looking pen. It's just too bad it won't stay that color.

Funny, I have heard that before many times... but I have a couple of pens that are 3 years old, and a 5 year old bowl I did and they are all the same color as the day I turned them!

Does the sun change them?... or is it the CA finish that keeps them nice and orange? ... the bowl was even finished in CA :D ... I love the stuff [:p]

Exposure to light changes the color. Depending on where the items are kept, the process may be rather rapid or take long time. I have an Artisans pencil I use as a shop pencil. It stays in the pencil pocket of my shop apron except for short period when I am actually using it. After three years, it is still orange but has lost the original brilliance. I made my son a weather station from OO. It hangs between two windows. Within a couple months it went from bright yellow/orange to deep chocolate brown. I cut and use a lot of OO. It will turn eventually. No doubt.

Top Bottom