Oro: Dedicated to a Friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

This pen is dedicated to my friend and teacher Justin (Timebandit). I made it over a period of several early mornings. I call it Oro after the golden hue of the resin with the gold nib and clip. It reminds me of a fountain pen in my collection made by Delta of Italy with a similar name. This one is made from orange Italian resin and has a #6 Medium Bock nib. I hadn't made a kitless pen in a while…..felt like back at square one in the shop…anyway…. Hope you like it. Thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Oro.jpg
    Oro.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 315
  • Oro_1.jpg
    Oro_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Oro_2.jpg
    Oro_2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

You rocked that one Doc! I can see the teacher has done his job well. What's next in your bag of tricks?

ctubbs

What a way to come back on forum! If I wore a hat, it would be off to you. What a beauty, it is absolutely stunning.
Leave it to Ed to come up with breakfast, however, that is definitely a table piece, under glass with an armed guard.
Amazing.
Charles

wizard

yup you done it right. I bet its even nice to write with.

Phil

Phil, Thanks !!!

As usual, absolutely stunning Doc!!!

Thanks Seamus!!

Looks very very nice. And you are correct...it has the Delta look.

Mike, Thanks ! I used the resin that looks like that of the Delta Dolce Vita series. One of series that I have, the Dolce Vita Oro is the one I used as model for my creation. LOL...Mine is pretty crude compared to it but I
liked the orange color with the gold fittings. It has a warm look to it. Think I will post a picture of the Delta.

wizard

The Dolce Vita Oro from Delta

This is the Delta Dolce Vita Oro pen that I really like. I was just trying to achieve that look. LOL.... I don't think Delta has anything to worry about with regard to competition:rolleyes:. Doc

Attachments

• Delta Dolce Vita Oro.jpg
    Delta Dolce Vita Oro.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Delta Dolce Vita Oro_1.jpg
    Delta Dolce Vita Oro_1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 96

wizard

You rocked that one Doc! I can see the teacher has done his job well. What's next in your bag of tricks?

Thanks Tim ! Justin is an awesome friend and teacher! What's next in my bag of tricks...Hmmmm..Just wait and see:wink::biggrin:.

Good to see you Doc!!

Orange???:eek:

Breakfast juice???:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ed, LOL...It's good that you can see again:wink::biggrin:...Only you could come with OJ from a pen! I love it...Regards, Doc

Great work Doc. I like it.

Lupe, Thanks!! I hope you are doing well. Thinking about you. Let me know if there is anything I can do..Regards, Doc

Great looking pen Doc, glad to see you still around an turning.

Max, Thanks! LOL...I..Ok...others notice a rise in my irritability levels when I don't turn...so my wife kicks me out of the house for shop therapy...I guess it's better than her throwing sharp kitchen utensils at me.:eek:

What a way to come back on forum! If I wore a hat, it would be off to you. What a beauty, it is absolutely stunning.
Leave it to Ed to come up with breakfast, however, that is definitely a table piece, under glass with an armed guard.
Amazing.
Charles

Charles, Thank you! You have a way with words that really can make a person feel great!! Regards, Doc

Doc, now my mornings are complete, great to see you back in the AM

Roy, Thanks so much! Now I just got to get back and stay with my AM therapy. It's incredible how much more relaxed I feel while making a pen and my day goes so much easier :). Give my regards to Di ! Best, Doc

Timebandit

Beautiful Doc!! Your skills are improving and it shows on this pen!!! Everything about it screams quality!! This is your best effort yet and i am glad to be a part of it!!!

Look forward to many more!! Keep it up!!!

Rounder

Way to go Doc. Very nice and classy looking. Keep it up like this and you will be giving your Sensai lessons, lol. ( He will probably shoot me for saying that).

MartinPens

Doc, I'm always inspired by your work. glad you are back! I've missed seeing your posts on a regular basis and hope to see more of them. I was just showing off one of Justin's pens today to my brother who's out visiting.
great photographs as always.

Regards

wizard

Beautiful Doc!! Your skills are improving and it shows on this pen!!! Everything about it screams quality!! This is your best effort yet and i am glad to be a part of it!!!

Look forward to many more!! Keep it up!!!

Thanks Justin!! That means a lot coming from you!!! Could not have done it without you!! Doc:)

Doc, The pen looks great. You did a fabulous job. It really is a great match for the Delta pen. Keep them coming.

Rich, Thanks so much!

Way to go Doc. Very nice and classy looking. Keep it up like this and you will be giving your Sensai lessons, lol. ( He will probably shoot me for saying that).

Randy, Thanks so much! LOL..I have light years to go before I catch up with the Sensei. Doc:)

Looks awesome Doc! I'm glad to see you post again! Mornings just weren't the same.

Thanks Jonathan! LOL...I'm trying to get my morning therapy back on track..Doc:)

Doc, I'm always inspired by your work. glad you are back! I've missed seeing your posts on a regular basis and hope to see more of them. I was just showing off one of Justin's pens today to my brother who's out visiting.
great photographs as always.

Regards

Martin, Thanks so much for the compliment! Trying to get back to turning on a more regular basis. It truly does keep me sane:wink:. Doc:)

Looking good Doc!

Chuck, Thanks so much!! Doc:)

Very nice job! Lovely writing instrument.

Robert, Thank you!

A gorgeous pen! You sure nailed it there. I love the simple lines - really appeals to me.

Ken

Ken, Thanks so much!! Means a lot coming from you! Doc:)

Doc~Beautiful Pen, so nice to see you posting again!! Miss you....Toni

Toni, Thanks so much!!! Talk to you soon! Doc:)

Great pen, Doc!

Earl, Thank you!!

Top Bottom